July 25, 2012
A national health survey has shown adults are consuming 22 teaspoons of sugar each day while kids, ages 14 to 18, consume 34 teaspoons of added sugar a day! American Heart Association says it’s time to cut back!
5 reasons sugar is bad for you:
· Weight Gain: When sugar is consumed, only 10% is burned up, since the other 90% can’t be used for energy, it gets stored as reserves or “FAT”. So by the term “empty calories” I mean when you ingest it most of it just turns into fat, it serves no benefit to your body whatsoever.
· Mineral Depletion: When you eat refined sugar, your body takes nutrients from other cells to metabolize it because the sugar lacks the ability to do so on it’s own. Minerals like calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium are taken from vital body parts to make use of the sugar you ingested. The sugar these vital minerals from our body.
· Bone Loss: Studies are finding osteoporosis occurring in people much earlier in life than in previous generations. They link this to a lack of calcium in the average person’s diet. When it gets depleted then your body becomes more susceptible to injury such as breaks, fractures, joint problems and eventually, osteoporosis.
· Diabetes: Sugar is mainly responsible for the most common disease in America, diabetes. When you take in too much sugar on a regular basis your body’s natural blood sugar rises causing your pancreas to secrete insulin; eventually your pancreas will stop working with out insulin being able to regulate your blood sugar you may go into diabetic shock which can kill you. So what will happen is that you will be required to take regular insulin shots daily and you will be at far greater risk of going into shock if you continue to take in sugar. Your pancreas can not repair itself so this is a life long process for diabetics.
· Fatigue: After consuming sugar you get that surge of energy and everything in your body starts working harder and faster then that source runs out and your body just wants to shut down, and take a nap. Remember, only 10% of the sugar was used so your body is still trying to regulate your blood sugar, and store those empty calories as fat! And that’s the vicious cycle that we’ve been going through because this society has become addicted to sugar!
A BIG NO!NO!*** CORN SYRUP IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY THE BODY, AND MAKES LOTS OF FAT CELLS, AND IS CONDUCIVE TO DIABETES!